New Shoes  

Posted by Leslea

Last month I took Abby to be fitted for Dynamic Ankle Foot Orthoses (DAFO). They are shoe braces to help with her foot alignment and give her more stability while learning to walk. Abby and I went yesterday to pick up her braces and tonight we went to go buy new shoes to wear over them. Poor Abby now has to wear slow boats to china as my family would say. She normally wears a size 3 shoe. I had to buy a size 6 1/2 wide shoe to be able to fit the brace in all the way. It was kinda funny to watch Abby try to walk in them tonight as she was not used to the extra length when trying to walk sideways.




This entry was posted at Friday, September 26, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

Hi,
My name is Loretta and I work at Cascade Dafo. I'm concerned about Abby needing to wear shoes that are 3 1/2 sizes too big for her. I think we can do better than that. Please feel free to contact me at lorettas@dafo.com or 800-848-7332 (Pacific time). I'd love to help you with this problem.
Loretta Sheldon, ROA
Cascade Dafo

September 29, 2008 at 11:14 AM

Post a Comment